FEARLESS COLD READING
& AUDITION TECHNIQUE
This is a FUN, challenging, thorough class that is absolutely packed with information and skills.
THIS CLASS IS GUARANTEED (see below).
|Group A||Thursdays||6pm-10pm||September 12, 19, 26, Oct 3|
||September 13, 20, 27, Oct 4|
FEARLESS COLD READING is a 10-point system that completely solves audition problems that arise out of nerves or not knowing what to focus on, including:
- Getting buried in the script
- Not connecting to your partner
- Making safe or weak or no choices!
Focused practice with partners during the week gets the 10 points into your body so that no matter how much time you have to prepare, you will habitually
- Commit and connect
- Assess the style and tone of the script
- Make strong character choices
- Listen to and “ride” the script adventurously, instead of playing it safe out of fear, overwhelm, or indecision
You will learn how to prioritize your preparation time—whether it’s 5 minutes or 2 weeks.
We also troubleshoot how to:
- Act well with bad readers
- Deal effectively with strange or unexpected partner choices
- Take direction quickly and easily
FEARLESS AUDITION TECHNIQUE trains you to handle yourself with confidence and ease under pressure.
- A powerful martial-arts based grounding technique
- Audition room etiquette principles to guide your behavior
- How to answer both typical and unexpected industry questions
- How, when, and when not to “chat”
- My signature technique: “How to enter an audition room.”
We tape your BEFORE in the first class, and AFTER in the 4th class—so you can see the often-stunning difference for yourself.Everyone works in every class.
For actors with previous training only.
$445 | Payment plans available
Please email us a headshot and resume, noting which section you would like to enroll in.
“I HAD TO COLD READ AT AN AUDITION THE OTHER DAY WITH A CASTING DIRECTOR AND SHE SAID, “I CAN’T BELIEVE YOU JUST GOT THAT SIDE 2 MINUTES AGO!” I FELT SO CONFIDENT MAKING BOLD, INSTINCTUAL CHOICES.”
—Monica West, New York
“PEOPLE ACTUALLY ASK ME WHERE I LEARNED TO ENTER A ROOM, AND I TELL THEM KAREN K! TRUE STORY.”
—Ciaran Byrne, New York
“I LOVE WHAT I’VE LEARNED FROM YOU.”
—Keong Sim, Los Angeles