Monologue Master Classes
- Finding representation
- Meeting casting directors
- Equity Principal Auditions
- Theater auditions
- Grad school, apprenticeships and training programs
Tuition: $545 | Payment plans available.
NEXT DATES (Last Monologue Classes until November)
|Section A||Wednesday Evenings||6pm-10pm||July 31, Aug 7, 14, 21|
|Section B||Thursday Mornings||9am-1pm||Aug 1, Aug 8, 15, 22|
Please email us a headshot and resume, noting which section you would like to enroll in.
Do your monologues show what you can do as an actor?
Based on my book THE MONOLOGUE AUDITION (a Backstage must-read) this is the only class that teaches you not only how to ACT your monologues with truth and connection with “the wall”, but also to
- CHOOSE monologues that are a great fit for you and for the specific audition
- DIRECT your monologues with staging that’s fun to do and to watch
- AUDITION well by handling your non-acting moments with confidence and ease.
The class completely solves common problems like:
- Not knowing what to do with your hands and body
- Losing your connection in the middle of acting your monologue
- Feeling awkward when introducing yourself and chatting in the room
- Being unsure of how much or how little to move
- Feeling overwhelmed or confused about what kind of material you should do
Here’s a detailed breakdown of what we cover. You’ll be able to check off EVERYTHING on this list after my 4 week class. How many can you check off now?
__You have at least 4 monologues prepared
__At least one is a “Hello, This Is Me” monologue for agent & casting director auditions
__You know how to choose material that is a great fit for you and for specific auditions
__Overall, you enjoy finding, working on, and auditioning with monologues!
DIRECTING & STAGING
__You know how to stage yourself with physical choices that tell your story every time
__You can easily adjust the staging to any size you need
__You have variety so your monologue doesn’t feel & look the same all the way through
__You’re comfortable with both movement and stillness
__Your body knows what to do at every moment
__You choose very specific, actable objectives for your monologues
__You act with truth and connection “off the wall” without a partner
__You listen when you perform a monologue, so it’s a connected, two-way conversation
__You enter the room with confidence, looking delighted to be there
__You introduce/slate clearly and effectively
__You handle transitions in and out of monologues and any questions/chat with ease
__You make strong and confident exits from the room
“I HAD AN AUDITION IN A CASTING OFFICE YESTERDAY AND THEY ASKED FOR A MONOLOGUE. I WAS UTTERLY PREPARED.”
—Matt Shapiro, New York
“I LOVE THIS WORK! MY BODY AND INSTINCTS HAVEN’T FELT THIS FREE TO MAKE CHOICES FOR A LONG (FRUSTRATING) TIME!”
—Ana Valle, New York